I had an artsy day today. Enjoyed spending a couple of hours at the Cincinnati Art Museum. One painting stood out to me. The Road Under Trees, by Claude Schuffenecker..1888.
Next I went to the Esquire Theater in Clifton to see the movie, “The Way”. I really enjoyed it.
Martin Sheen plays Tom, an American, who travels to France to recover the remains of his son, who died in a storm hiking the pilgrimage route known as the Camino de Santiago. Tom decides to hike it with his son’s ashes, to honor him, meets some interesting people and develops a deep bond with them. The movie was very inspirational!
THE WAY, written and directed by Emilio Estevez, was filmed entirely in Spain and France along the actual Camino de Santiago.
I first became aware of this 800 km pilgrimage a few years ago and it’s on my bucket list. What’s interesting is just in the past few days, it has come to my attention through two sources, another blogger, Anita Mac at TravelDestinationBucket and a facebook friend who just saw the movie.
Also…the painting I was drawn to at the Museum appears to be someone hiking on a trail. I believe I’m destined to traverse it!
According to Wikipedia…
The Way may refer to a spiritual path:
- The Way or “Tao” of Taoism
- An early term for early Christianity (see also The Two Ways)
- The Way of the Cross, a Catholic devotion to the Passion of Christ.
- The Way (church) (Japanese: 道会, michikai), a Japanese movement founded by Matsumura Kaiseki in 1907
- The Way International, a Biblical research, teaching and fellowship ministry founded by Victor Paul Wierwille in 1942.
- The Way of Madonna Della Strada
- The Way, or Dō, of any number of spiritual and martial disciplines stemming from Japanese culture.
- The Way of the Buddha Dharma, or Buddhism
- The Way of Shinto
- A term used for the Two by Twos church, commonly known as The Way, Meetings, Workers and Friends, Cooneyites or The Truth
Trust me the camino has so much more to it that what you have seen in the movie! It is a must do..you will not regret it 🙂
Thanks for the encouragement! Sending peace…Sherry
I spent a whole summer in Cincinnati, but somehow I never made it to the art museum. Shame on me. I must have been to busy eating ice cream.
What an interesting series of events in your life. I know you are listening and watching. Thank you for sharing. I always include the Museum of Art in Cincinnati when I go in June. Interesting we have crossed paths.
Wonderful movie wasn’t it? And I’d like to know more about how you got involved with the Tour opoortunity! I actually left my job and have decided to go travel. But of course, the 401K won’t last forever so I’m looking for opportunities!
Great blog…I’m following now! 🙂
Google ITMI…that’s the school I went to in San Fran, CA for two weeks in Oct. I go to the symposium in Jan. to interview with 20 tour operators for jobs. Thanks Cheri!
I do ot believe in coincidences, but I do believe in signs. Thanks for sharing.
Perhaps it is a sign!!!