After spending the day on Sanibel and Captiva Islands, I understand why people fall in love with them! Sherry and I stopped at the J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge and hiked a mile around the perimeter loop.
We were on the look-out for alligators…which made it more exciting!
We didn’t see much wildlife because it was the middle of the day. A couple of birds and some turtles!
Sanibel Island is about 12 miles long…so after driving through Sanibel we arrived at Captiva Island. This house caught our eye.
When we arrived to the Allison Hagerup Beach on Captiva, we were prepared to pay the $2.00 per hour fee to park. Unfortunately, I didn’t take my time to read the screen thoroughly and inserted $20.00 and chose the two hour option, before reading the “No change provided” sign on the screen. The irony of this is that I had just chastised my husband a few days earlier for not picking the correct number of hours for our stay.
We took a couple of long walks and I was even able to convince Sherry to brave the chilly water and enter up to her waist.
We timed it just right and arrived to Mucky Ducks at 4:30pm to snag a table on the patio and add our name on the list to be seated for dinner by the windows for the sunset at 5:00pm.
We split the Seafood Platter and a slice of Key Lime Pie!!
We’re getting used to seeing palm trees and Christmas trees next to each other!
What can I say!!
Sherry leaves tomorrow and then my friend April arrives on Thursday. Let’s see how much longer I can find new, fun and interesting things to do here!!
- Frank Jackalone: With red tide on west coast and sliming of estuaries on east coast, Florida leaders failing; get Obama to enforce clean water standards (tcpalm.com)
- Revitalized! (candylhill.wordpress.com)
- What to do on Sanibel Island (travelspirit333.com)
- Sanibel Island: Sand, Shells, and Serenity (ireport.cnn.com)
- Sanibel & Captiva Island Real Estate Happenings With a Chill in the Air (sanibelsusan.wordpress.com)
- Fall Weather Comes to Sanibel & Captiva Islands (sanibelsusan.wordpress.com)