Last night my husband and I were treated to dinner at Hollywood Casino‘s newest restaurant, Hops House 99. It was their Grand Opening! As we approached the entrance I took a photo…
With 36 HD TV‘s and 99 beers to pass around…you can definitely stay entertained here! After being seated, we had the difficult task of choosing one of the 99 beers. We both chose the Bourbon Ale and loved it! It has over 8% alcohol…so we didn’t have a second.
Our waiter kindly took our photo…
I wandered around the restaurant taking photos while we waited for our food. I loved this neon light on the wall…
That’s the Manager in the suit behind the bar…
The waitresses had cute and sporty outfits on with converse tennis shoes. The back of their shirts say “Beer Chick”!
The venue was surprising large. This section is located further in the back of the restaurant…
This is looking towards the entrance…
Randy and I split an order of Potato Skins as an appetizer. They were very good!
He ordered the Fried Cod with sides of baked beans and creamy mashed potatoes and thoroughly enjoyed it!
I had the New York Strip Steak with vegetables. Initially I ordered my steak medium rare although I typically have it medium. After trying a bite I realized I should have stuck with medium, so the waiter graciously had them prepare me another plate. I only had to wait perhaps 10 minutes. The flavor was tasty!
Of course we had to try dessert and Pecan Pie is one of Randy’s favorites. We were pleasantly stuffed after all of that food. I actually took half of my steak home and am having it today with my salad!
After dinner, I took a few more photographs. As you can see, they had a great turnout for their Grand Opening!
Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, including the staff…
Hops House 99 is a great place to have a craft beer, delicious food, and catch up on some sports! Thanks for letting us be a part of your Grand Opening!
- Pursuits: Good Beer in Berlin? Finally, Yes (travel.nytimes.com)
- Terrapin Brewery’s Hop Harvest celebrates beer’s spice (onlineathens.com)
- The Trailhead – The Journey Begins (southernrootsandseasonedwings.wordpress.com)
- Hop Oils (brewandhops.com)
- The Magnificent Multitude of Beer (coolmaterial.com)
- Burgers and Brewskies – A potent combination (golflifeatbp.wordpress.com)
- Beer Review: Fall (easttowestsisters.wordpress.com)
- Slumbrew Sittin on Hop of the World (hoppyboston.wordpress.com)
- Phillips Phunny: If Beer Ads Were Forced To Be Honest (y98.cbslocal.com)
- Terrapin Brewery’s Hop Harvest celebrates beer’s spice (m.onlineathens.com)
Wish I waz there! The food pics made my mouth water.
Thanks…it was good!
Beer and steak! What a perfect meal!
The food, the venue look fabulous! yum!!
Thanks John…it was!
That food! All I can say is it’s a good thing you hike a lot.
I don’t normally eat like that…but it’s nice to splurge once in a while.