The Wat Rong Khun temple or “White Temple” is located in Chiang Rai, Thailand and we stopped there while en route from Chiang Mai to Chiang Khong. As you can see it is beautiful and very artistic. It was in fact designed by an artist named Chalermchai Kositpipat.
The hands sculptures were on either side of the walkway at the front entrance!
He had quite an imagination…
At the border of Laos we boarded this slow boat for an eight hour trip on the Mekong River. We had the boat all to ourselves!
We stopped at a village where the Hmong hilltribe people lived in Laos…and a discussion began concerning happiness. One of the women on the trip felt very sorry for these people. They seemed quite happy to me! So long as people have a roof over their head, food to eat, clean water, and medical attention when necessary…especially if that is the life they have always led…then perhaps the simpler life style is less stressful.
The history of Hmong people is very interesting…you should take a look.
Pet monkey on a chain…:)
Next…more of Laos…followed by Vietnam!
- Talking Heads (synkroniciti.com)
- Hmong talk (ahmongwoman.com)
- Beautiful days in Chiang Mai Province Thailand – Part 1 (discovertheorient.wordpress.com)
- White Temple of Chiang Rai: Unique and Interesting Contemporary Art (beontheroad.com)
- Artist & Temple by Jacky CW (500px.com)