I know some people love antiques and shopping in general. I’m not one of them. Perhaps because I don’t like a lot of clutter in my home (more things to dust) and as far as shopping…I usually go into a store knowing what I need to buy…look for it…buy it if I find it…and then leave. I’d rather spend my time doing any of the countless other things I love to do. Like hiking, biking, jogging, yoga, skiing, photographing, traveling, reading, dancing, socializing, etc. But I like this kind of shopping…looking for interesting things to photograph!
And a Coca-Cola bicycle…
And glass milk jars…
I’ve discovered another reason to be a photographer. You learn new things…for example after taking a photo of this Elks Lodge building, I researched what the Elks organization is about. Elks Lodges are a place where neighbors socialize and families share meals. Elks help in the community with various programs, such as summer camps for the disabled, soup kitchens, and programs for children. To become a member you need to be over 21 years of age and believe in God. Once you’ve applied, if accepted, there is an initiation. I’m not sure what that entails…I was envisioning them making you walk around all day with your underwear on the outside of your clothes!
At the next shop, I placed this frog on the carpet along with the flower. It looks like he’s looking up at the flower.
Flowers make me happy…oh, and wine!
I think I’m drawn to spirals. This is a decorative plate…
Initially, I was going to take the wreath off of the chair to photograph, but realized I like it with the throw and chair grouping.
The Golden Lamb Restaurant and Hotel has been in business since 1803. As you can see from the sign, many famous men have slept there. The last time I ate there, about 15 years ago, I remember the food was good, but the atmosphere was a bit stodgy for me.
They have a pretty building…
We’ll finish our tour of Lebanon tomorrow!
- Beaverton Elks Lodge considers replacing building, struggles to attract younger members (oregonlive.com)
- Graffiti artists target Port Coquitlam’s Elks Lodge (cbc.ca)
- Skiing Off the Beaten Track (epicatravel.com)
- Stuart-Jensen Elks Lodge #1870 – Making a difference since 1953 (tcpalm.com)
- Box Elder sharpshooter aims for Elks title (standard.net)
- Thousand Oaks Elks Lodge honors firefighter, sheriff’s deputy (vcstar.com)
- Elks members support troops with care packages (sj-r.com)
- Taunton Elks honors longtime members (tauntongazette.com)
- Lebanon, Ohio has Antiques (travelspirit333.com)
- A Warm Welcome – Elks style! (tcpalm.com)