My Easter Day today was great! My son and his beautiful girlfriend (pictured below) spent the night and after a leisurely morning with coffee and internet time, I prepared some mushroom omelets and toast for breakfast. He’s really tall–like 6’9″–so he makes her look shorter than she is. We attended a new church today that’s very near our house and it was quite interesting. To give you some background. Although my family didn’t attend church, I attended church with a girlfriend when I was 12. And through the years have gone to a variety of churches…all different denominations…Presbyterian, Baptist, Church of God, Methodist, Catholic, Jewish, etc. I have my own personal beliefs, as everyone does. Anyway, the preacher at this particular church was quite loud and full of spirit. He was so loud on the microphone that I had to plug my ears with my fingers throughout much of the sermon (but I could still hear him). He would start off at a somewhat normal pitch and within a few sentences of each point would be almost screaming. He said that he knows that hell is real because on YouTube he saw a video showing a team of scientists drilling into the core of the earth and their drill bit began to wobble after they were deep into the ground. There are only two reasons a drill bit wobbles…either it is bent or you’ve reached an area without any matter…such as a cavern. They placed a microphone down into the hole and heard human voices screaming. Don’t get me wrong…I’m not poking fun at religion…merely repeating what I heard this morning. Enough about that.
This is my husband Randy…
We went over to my brother’s house and had a lovely ham dinner. I brought a homemade pecan pie cake for dessert.
We played a fun card game…
Here’s some of the gang. I’ll spare you with the telling of names and relationships.
I’m grateful I have a nice family and a wonderful son!
Hope your day was filled with love and light!
- The Day of Easter (rainbowandunicornpoop.wordpress.com)
- Easter! It’s Resurrection Day (rightcogency.wordpress.com)
- Easter Day (michellengwj.wordpress.com)
- It’s Easter! Now’s the time to spring ahead in your life – The Seattle Times (seattletimes.com)
- Happy Easter Day 2013 (hopeipoh.wordpress.com)
- Easter Presents and Easter Day!!!! (kunejova.wordpress.com)
- Easter – A Day of Joy and Celebration (backsurgery2crossfit.wordpress.com)
- Coldest Easter on record for UK (bbc.co.uk)
- A peaceful Easter day (styleandlipstick.wordpress.com)
- Today is the coldest Easter day on record (independent.co.uk)