Central Park holds a certain mystique for those who have never taken a stroll along one of its many lovely paths. New York City was never on my list of “must visit” destinations, but I have to confess that I was pleasantly surprised. I felt the same way about Rome. Before visiting, I envisioned it to be somewhat dirty and more touristy than it was. Anyway, back to Central Park…after exploring the Rockefeller Center area on my second day in New York City, I had enough time and energy left before heading back to my Couchsurfing host’s home to walk 9 blocks uptown to see for myself what Central Park was like.
What’s not to love about views like this…
Eventually, I took a guided bicycle tour of Central Park a couple of days later and discovered there are 15 entrances to the Park. This is the entrance I came in on Day 2. These sculptures are pretty funky!
On my bicycle tour, I was informed the Park is 2 1/2 miles long and 6 miles around the outer circumference.
I love to see street artists in action…
I’m sure Central Park is beautiful when the trees are totally sprouted, but I really enjoyed being able to see the buildings through them.
Musicians and street artists…so cool!
I didn’t expect to see Big Bird coming around the bend…
I hope you can come back tomorrow for the beginning of my fourth day of activities in the City. I stayed home the entirety of Day 3 to rest up from all of the non-stop walking and action, but started my last day out with a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge!
- Fearsome ‘Fishzilla’ invades Central Park (thetimes.co.uk)
- Central Park Five Documentary Premieres on PBS (clutchmagonline.com)
- What-to-Wear for: Picnic in Central Park (fabulouspoorgirl.wordpress.com)
- One Man’s Search for the Illusive Snakehead Fish in Central Park (wnyc.org)
- Northern Snakehead ‘Frankenfish’ [VIDEO] – Invasive Species Being Hunted In Central Park’s Harlem Meer (latinospost.com)
- One World Trade Center Is on the Rise at Ground Zero – Wall Street Journal (stream.wsj.com)
- Rockefeller Center in Spring (travelspirit333.com)
- Central Park. (bernadette2012.wordpress.com)
- The Central Park Five ~ A brutal rape; a brutal prosecution (michaeltabman.wordpress.com)
- Candice Swanepoel: Central Park Photo Shoot! (justjared.com)