Grand Lake Lodge in Grand Lake, Colorado has an absolutely stunning view of the lake. After checking in on Thursday, my girlfriend Gina and I decided to take a hike down the hillside to the town to check it out. Here’s the beginning of the trail and that’s Gina up ahead…
We were delighted it wasn’t raining having left the flooding in Estes Park earlier that morning! The path forks off to the left but is not well-marked.
I continued to take photographs as we descended the hillside. Because the path wasn’t clearly marked, we were traversing a rock and small shrub terrain for a portion of the hike.
We passed a couple of beautiful homes on the hike…
I love the log cabin look…
Next, we’ll enter the quaint town of Grand Lake and meet some new friends!
- Day 52. Fiona Visits: Rocky Mountains (laurencarr.wordpress.com)
- good for the soul (laughterinlove.wordpress.com)
- evening hike: beaver lake (kristininalaska.wordpress.com)
- Hiking at Echo Lake, Colorado (coloradotravelingducks.com)
- One Week Itinerary for Colorado (travelspirit333.com)
- Finding Art in the Denver Airport and having fun in spite of being stranded due to flash flooding in the sunshine State of Colorado (travelspirit333.com)
- Colorado Flooding (tradeshowtom.wordpress.com)
- Colorado Duck in Rocky Mountain National Park with Zeb in the summer snow (coloradotravelingducks.com)
- Estes Park Devastated By Flooding (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Sierra Nevada-scapes: Mosquito Flat Trailhead hike (themagicoftravel.wordpress.com)
Pingback: Hiking St. Mary’s Glacier | Fabulous 50's
Pingback: Meeting New Friends in Grand Lake, Colorado | Fabulous 50's
That first photo would make a great jigsaw picture.
I didn’t think of that!
So very beautiful, Sherry. 🙂
Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog and I really like what I see here. I also like hiking and using my camera to capture the beauty that I see around me. I drove across Colorado two months ago on my way to Los Angeles and I loved that state! It reminded me some of the landscapes we have in Europe 🙂
Thanks very much!
This looks like the idyllic place to spend time in… lovely shot!
Thanks very much!
this is beautiful, would love to spend some time at the log cabin!
It was quaint!
Just got back from Colorado a couple of weeks ago – my son (stationed at Fort Carson) took me on a hike up to Hanging Lake – next time out you should do that – beautiful sites at the end of a 1.2 mile hike with a 1000 foot elevation gain. We stopped at Grand Lake – beautiful place – looks like a great place to stay and play.
Thanks for the tip! Glad to see so many people love Colorado like I do!
What a beautiful place…rustic, peaceful what more does a person need.
It is very nice! Thanks!