After hiking down the big hill from Grand Lake Lodge, my friend Gina and I walked through the quaint town of Grand Lake, Colorado.
It reminded me somewhat of the town of Silverton, Colorado. Lots of colorful shops and restaurants with the western look!
We walked down a side street to the edge of Grand Lake…
I love artsy shots…
This little chipmunk was so friendly. I probably took about 15 photographs of him. He would come out of the hole, stand upright staring at us…almost like he was posing.
Neither Gina nor I are much for window shopping, but we did stop in a couple of shops. One of them was called Jackstraw Mountain Gallery. We met the owner…Marjorie and chatted for a while. She’s a very talented artist. This is some of her work pictured below. I love her crosses!
We asked her where she would recommend having a glass of wine and she said the Rapids Lodge and Restaurant. We invited her join us when she closed up shop and she agreed.
This is Deanna. We met her in another shop down the street. She works part-time for Marjorie and not only is beautiful, but has a wonderful spirit!
We heard the river rushing by as we walked up to the Rapids Lodge and Restaurant. The outdoor seating area is so pretty!
Marjorie and her friend Gina met us for a glass of wine and one of the waitresses took our photo. Marjorie gave us a ride back to Grand Lake Lodge so that we didn’t have to walk back up the big hill and risk getting lost. She even offered to let us stay at her place the following evening, but we ended up heading onto Breckenridge instead.
It’s so nice to meet fun, interesting and friendly people!
- One Week Itinerary for Colorado (travelspirit333.com)
- Colorado woman ambushed by bull moose (upi.com)
- 2 hikers from Maine walk down Colorado peak (vindy.com)
- Hikers Stranded in Colorado Rescue Themselves (webpronews.com)
- Pedaling Through the Rockies: Popular Spots for Mountain Cycling in Colorado (biking.answers.com)
- Five Colorado Summer Vacation Resorts (familytravel.answers.com)
- Dump truck hits pedestrian, impacts U.S. 34 traffic (denverpost.com)
- Hiking from Grand Lake Lodge (travelspirit333.com)
- Grand Lake, Colorado is the best kept secret in Colorado! (travelspirit333.com)
- Abby & Eric’s Fall Wedding at the Aloft V3 Ranch, Breckenridge, CO. (mattalbertsphotography.com)
Pingback: Oktoberfest Fun in Breckenridge | Fabulous 50's
Must be gread for skiing there too!
There are ski resorts not to far from there. The next place we went to was a beautiful ski resort!
Grand Lake certainly looks amazing. What a beautiful spot.
It is so pretty!
Don’t you love friendly Colorado?? this makes me really HOMESICK! (but that water is perilously high) … safe travels, Sherry!
I LOVE Colorado!
Looks like you are surrounded by stunning scenery. MM 🍀
Love it! The creek is raging in one of your photos with the flowers and walkways. Be safe!
Another fun adventure. Thanks for sharing. I think having the river rushing by so close would make me a bit nervous after all the flooding that’s been going on. But it is very picturesque.
It was gorgeous!
Great photos…….and writing too! Thanks for sharing these experiences.
What a beautiful area. – – – Dave
Thanks so much Dave! 🙂