It’s been a busy 10 days, but I wanted to catch you up on what’s been going on with me lately. In addition to the previous senior photo shoots of Sami Jo and Vivian, I attended a Bengals football party at a friends’ house, but didn’t watch a minute of the game. I’m not much of a sports watching fan. I enjoy the conversation with friends at parties and love to be active, hiking, jogging, biking, etc. I contacted an acquaintance, who is a model, to see if he’d like to meetup at an area park for a quick outdoor photo shoot and to get to know each other a bit better. He usually does magazine or runway modeling, so I thought a fun casual shoot might be a change of pace for him. Isn’t he cute…
Saturday evening we attended a Bengals Playoff Game party at a friend’s house. I’m not much of an organized sports watching fan…but I love to socialize. I made some Tailgate Ham/Cheese Sandwiches that were a big hit. Originally the recipe was on Pinterest, but when I went to the website, the recipe was no longer there. Luckily, I had typed it up and saved it—
* 1 pkg. (12 count) Hawaiian bread rolls
* 1 lb. shaved Black Forest ham
* 12 slices Gruyere cheese
* 1 tub (8 oz.) Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cheese Spread
* 1/2 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
* 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 Tbsp. dried minced onion
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
~Cut all rolls in half. Place roll bottoms in 9 x 13 inch pan.
~Place equal amounts of ham on each roll bottom. Top with Gruyere.
~On each of the roll tops, spread a generous amount of the cream cheese spread. Return the tops to the bottoms making sandwiches.
~In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion and Parmesan cheese. Pour over your sandwiches and let sit for at least 20 minutes. (You can make these ahead of time and allow to sit in fridge overnight.)
~Place sandwiches, covered in foil, in a preheated 350 deg. F oven.
~Bake for 20 minutes or until warmed through. Enjoy! Yield: 12 servings.
After a while of talking, eating, and drinking, it was time to have some fun…so I arm wrestled four women and won! They wanted me to try a couple of the guys…so I did…but I knew they would win. My arm is a little sore today.
Next, we convinced a couple of the guys to help us make a partial pyramid…
The photos were taken with my friend’s iPhone. Who says you have to act your age?
- Recipe: French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- 20 Tasty Ways to Cash in on Grains and Beans (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Bengals Lose To Texans 19-13, Extend Streak Of NFL Playoffs Futility (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Perfect Football Fan (thetechscoop.net)
- Bengals vs. Texans: Five Reasons To Feel Optimistic About A Bengals Playoff Win (cincyjungle.com)