Rowe Woods, aka The Nature Center is located in a suburb of Cincinnati, Ohio. My husband and I (and Jake the spoiled hunting dog) went hiking there yesterday. We probably hiked 4 miles. Hiking is one of my favorite things to do. Even in this cold, dreary weather–there is beauty!
Snowflakes would drift down lightly from time to time…
The small lake was quite calm.
I was delighted to see these flowers sprouting in spite of the weather!
We chose four different trails to hike on…some of them had stairs.
I mentioned a recently that I learned to set the aperture for photographing waterfalls and had another opportunity to use it!
I like twisty..curvy trails.
We had a few creeks to cross. It’s a good thing I have long legs…these rocks were spaced quite far apart.
Steps are great for photographing!
I’m not sure what this little stone structure is or was.
A man and his best friend.
Leaves remaining on some of the trees help to give winter photos some interest.
Snow was falling more steadily back at the lake.
It’s always nice to have some benches to rest on…but not yesterday…it was too cold!
- Light in the Woods (wolftale.wordpress.com)
- Thus Begins Hiking Season! (devynthecorgi.wordpress.com)
- Hiking at Mt. Rainier (travelspirit333.com)
- Hiking the Colorado Trail (travelspirit333.com)
- Hiking Dunbar Cave Recovery Trail (picturesoflillies.wordpress.com)
- Hiking on the Appalachian Trail (travelspirit333.com)
- Taking a hike, looking for buds or visiting a nature center helps cure cabin fever (heraldtimesonline.com)
- Alley Park (trekohio.com)