For my week-long trip to Colorado, I had a detailed itinerary prepared, but after the terrible flooding across Colorado, having a positive and flexible attitude was essential. If you’ve been following along, you’ll remember we spent one night in Estes Park before evacuating to Grand Lake, where we spent one night. On Friday we hit the road to Breckenridge and here’s some of the beautiful scenery we passed on the way…
Before we left Grand Lake, I quickly researched online for any available condos in Breckenridge and wrote down a few phone numbers. I’m glad I did because with Oktoberfest going on, a lot of places were filling up. I called Beaver Run Resort and they had a studio unit available with a kitchenette. We loved it! With 515 guest rooms, including large suites, condos, numerous hot tubs, a heated indoor/outdoor swimming pool and tons of other amenities, it’s a gorgeous facility!
Here’s the comfy King size bed…
The shower and kitchenette…
And the living and dining room…
The pool looked very inviting…
Come back tomorrow to see how Breckenridge celebrates Oktoberfest!
- Grand Lodge on Peak 7 in Breckenridge – Colorado’s Best Kept Secret (extravaganzi.com)
- Duck Races in Breckenridge, Colorado (coloradotravelingducks.com)
- Breckenridge, Colorado: Much more than a ski town (sacbee.com)
- Funky Johnson (soundssowalton.com)
- Estes Park Flooding: Floods in Colorado Town Forcing Some Evacuations (+Photos and Videos) (theepochtimes.com)
- Colorado Flood Described as “Swallowing I-25″ (fggam.org)
- Colorado 2013 (ryanklaas.wordpress.com)
- Colorado flooding strands National Guard – CNN International (edition.cnn.com)
- Breckenridge – A Break from the Summer Heat (alpineedgebreckenridge.wordpress.com)
- Hot Sulphur Springs Resort via Grand Lake, Colorado (travelspirit333.com)
Looks like you lucked into a great place. It’s beautiful.
Wow, very nice place to stay! It sure makes an already wonderful place to visit even more pleasurable!
It was beautiful and the bed was comfy!
Love Breckenridge. Lots festivals and activities throughout the year. A favorite of mine.
I didn’t know that…was surprised to be able to attend the Octoberfest!
I love Breckenridge, yet the skiing is better at Vail.
Vail is one of the few places I haven’t skied in Colorado.
You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.
We did love it! Thanks Diane!
Colorado sure is scenic!
Reblogged this on places-names [from a peripatetic point of view] and commented:
I’ve been to Breckenridge!