While in Memphis, Tennessee recently, I enjoyed playing with the Selective Color function on my new Nikon D5100 camera. I had only used the function once before and didn’t have the manual with me while my friend Cindy and I were walking around. After 15 minutes of determined concentration, I figured it out.
These beautiful pink flowers in combination with our colorful dresses were the inspiration…
Cindy and I both liked this photo of my hair swinging…
Beale Street in Memphis is a pedestrian only street with bars, restaurants and shops that runs about two blocks. Monday evening, Cindy and I stopped to talk to this street artist. We were asking his opinion on the best places to eat and he tried to persuade us to have our “reality” caricature done by him in about ten minutes. I explained that I’m not into buying more “things” for my house because I prefer to collect experiences rather than things.
Anyway, it was fun to watch him in action. He is quite talented…
Most photographers love the time of day before sunset or sunrise because the lighting is so pretty. This was a courtyard along Beale Street…
When I first took this photo of a small section of a fountain, I wasn’t sure how it would turn out because of the dim lighting, but I loved the outcome. I am always fascinated with the concept that art is all around us…if we open our eyes!
I’m a lucky girl! I’m a lucky girl! Goin’ to Memphis for the very first time in a couple of days with a girlfriend. What fun we’ll have…new people to meet…new things to see. We’ll be within walking distance of the famous Beale Street and the Riverwalk. If any one has any recommendations of places to eat, things to see…please share.
Here’s a photo from the other night…
Sending you all positive thoughts, prayers and happiness!
- Day 5- April 5, 2013 Memphis, TN (nicoleboychuck.wordpress.com)
- Day 6 – Memphis (2013route66.wordpress.com)
- Tennessee (jasmins4kforcancer.wordpress.com)
- 10 Things to See (and Eat!) in Memphis (theworldisourdistrict.com)
- Westin Reservations Cancelled To Make Room For NBA Players (wreg.com)
- Get Thrifty in Memphis, Tennessee (vacationsmadeeasy.wordpress.com)
- Beale Street: Proof Memphis can’t have nice things (the78roadwarriors.com)
- hotels close to downtown memphis (dingridreti.wordpress.com)
- Day After Beale Street (wireblog00.wordpress.com)